| || |
Please email your technical support questions or app issues, with a detailed explanation to
and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I installed the app but the narration is not in the language that I want. How can I get the app with the narration in a different language?
The language of the interface is in English, Spanish and French and depends on the language setting of the iPad. In addition, the narration is also available in these 3 languages. One narration is automatically installed according to the language setting of the iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch.
To get a different language narration instead of the language of the iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch, please do the following:
1. Remove the app.
2. Change the language of the iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch to the desired language for the narration by going to Settings, General, International, Language.
3. Purchase the app with no charge, as follows. After pressing OK to purchase, you will get a message stating that, because you have previously purchased it, this app is available for free.
4. When restarting the app, the installed narration will be in the new language.
How do I increase the volume for the voices??
Please note that there are two volume controls on the iPad plus a Mute option. Please check all those.
Does Road Tripper require Internet access in order to see maps?
Any map browsed in Road Tripper is cached so you will be able to see the previously browsed maps offline. You will need Internet access for maps that you did not browse before.
Does Road Tripper provide directions between points on the map?
Road Tripper does not provide step by step descriptions of how to get from one point to the next. However, it has an option to show the street route between points.
How do I switch from Kilometers to Miles?
Go to the standard Settings icon for the device (where the settings for Wi-Fi and Mail are). In that list, towards the bottom, you will see the icon for Road Tripper.
In the Settings for Road Tripper, for Display distances in, select Miles instead of Kilometers .
How can I change the order of points?
In the Points list, tap Edit. Markers will appear on the right hand side of the list, reorder the points by dragging the markers up or down in the list.
My view changed to satellite. How do I change it back?
Tap on the scale to toggle between different views of the map. The scale is on the bottom right corner. It shows a line and has number in kilometers or miles above it.
How can I add points from the Contacts app?
Tap +, choose contacts, tap a contact, tap on the address. A pin will be dropped on the map.
• Tap on the pin dropped to the location; a label will appear; tap on the +; a point will be added.
My search returns no results. What can I do?
Our search uses the Google iOS API, which, by comparisson with the search on personal computers, is more local and it requires more details (like zip
code or postal code, or city and country) in order to provide results. Please try one of the following approaches, or both:
• Enter additional information like city, country, and post code
• Position the map in the general area where the results should be
How I can add POI (points of interest) to my map?
This is how you can add "restaurants":
• Type "restaurant" on the search
• Red pins will be dropped on the map, with locations of restaurants
• Tap on the pin to see the details
• Tap on the + to add it to your map
Why do I get a DIRECT route when I choose a route BY CAR?
The display of the street route and optimal route is provided using the Google Directions API service and therefore subject to certain limitations set by the service provider.
• A straight line appears after the number of directions requests between points from your device exceeded the daily limit set by Google Directions API. When that happens, the app is no longer receiving the street route and therefore the direct route is displayed instead.
• To avoid this for the future, please consider using NONE or DIRECT route options while creating the map and, only when your map is finalized, choose to display the route BY CAR. This approach will considerably reduce the number of request to the Google Directions Service.
• Also, please note that the Google day starts at about 11:00 EST. The route BY CAR should show again after that time.